ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED PLEASE REGISTER AT THE EVENT - THANK YOU!
Inaugural Yarmouth Clam Festival Pie Eating Contest! Friday, July 19
2:00 - 3:00 pm Kids’ Area on the Library Lawn
As easy as pie! Pie-Eating Contest is fun to try or take a front row seat to cheer on competitors! Pies provided by First Parish Church. $10 Entry fee supports the Yarmouth Food Pantry!!
Limited Registrations Per Age Group
Proceeds Benefit the Yarmouth Food Pantry
Acknowledgement of Risk, Release of Liability and Agreement Waiver
(Please read carefully and Check Box Below) Note! To participate, please accept below
I understand that I am participating in this event at my own risk. In consideration for the acceptance of my participation, I, for myself, my family, my executors, administrators and assignees do hereby release and discharge, Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce, Clam Festival sponsors and volunteers of damages, demands and actions whatsoever in any manner growing out of my participation in this event. In the event I should sustain an injury or illness while participating in the event, I hereby authorize attending medical personnel to perform and administer such emergency or non-emergency treatment as they, in their absolute discretion, deem necessary or desirable. I hereby consent and agree that the Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce, its official sponsor, affiliates and agents shall be permitted to make any kind of audio or visual works during the event. I further agree, grant, and release to the Grantees a perpetual, fully-paid up right and license to use, display, reproduce and create derivate works of the Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce and any additional sponsors under my rights of copyright, privacy, publicity and other intellectual property right, whether in print, electronic, video, or television media (or any other media, whether now existing or created in the future) for the purpose of promoting, marketing and advertising the Grantees and/ or their goods and services.
Organizers from any liability. The undersigned further state that they have carefully read the foregoing ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT WAIVER and know and understand its contents and that they sign it as their own free act. Contest will be held rain or shine, no refunds.
• Registration is limited to 12-15 participants in each age bracket.
• Awards given to Fastest (12-17), Fastest (18+) and Judges Choice in each category only.
• Two categories: Children (12-17) and Adults (18+).
• Please note that all decisions made by judges are final. The official rules are intended as a guideline for spectators and participants.
• Each contestant will be served a 8" round two-crust pie topped with blueberry filling. You do not have to eat the whipped cream, but you must eat the entire pie.
• You may not use your hands and no one can assist you. They must be kept behind your back at all times. Use of hands will result in a warning, and maybe disqualification if you do it often and intentionally.
• The contestant who finishes the pie in the shortest amount of time wins the contest. Judges will determine if the entire pie was completed, but as a rule of thumb, no portions of the pie measuring more than 1/2-inch should remain. Judging 1/2-inch sections can be difficult, judges will make the best call they can. Judges decisions are final.
• When a contestant believes they have finished the pie, they must stand up and put both arms in the air. Judges will immediately inspect the pie to verify.
• Visible signs of sickness may result in disqualification.
• Contestants will be issued safety goggles. Things can get messy, so bringing an extra shirt is advised.
• A check for $10.00 (to support the Yarmouth Food Pantry) and a completed registration form with acknowledgement of the waiver must be signed by each contestant prior to the start of the contest.
• Participants under 18 must have a parent or guardian present and must have a parent or guardian’s signature on the registration form.